This was what I did yesterday.
Got couple of notes :
1) to prepare 2.5 us$ when crossed Canada-U.S border here (thousand islands area) , they don’t care you can’t see this beautiful area at night 🙂
2) to show shopping receipt on demand in Canada Customs Border Agency. They would charge tax if it exceed some threshold.
3) This trip took 3.5 hours one way.
4) It is about 200 miles from Ottawa to Syracuse.
5) The Jeep GC consumed 85 litre when trip was done.
I put Montreal and Albany in this map as well, which make it much more clear that how far it is and their relationship in map.
Enjoy this trip if you want to have a try.
( screen shot from maps.google.com )